If you don't have a gas supply and want to connect your home to our network, you can apply online for a new connection.
Before you apply, there are some things that are good to know first.
To make the connection process as quick and easy as possible, first make sure you have everything you need:
- Use our postcode checker to find out if we deliver gas to your area.
- More than one property? If your application is for more than one property, please use our commercial application form. Our online application form should not be used to make multiple single applications, e.g. for a block of flats where multiple connections are required. For this type of project please use our commercial application form.
- New building? Before we can begin we’ll need a site plan, so we can work out where the pipe will run on your property and meet the gas main.
- Permissions. All land that we need to access must be owned by you, or you’ll need to have written permission from the landowner for us to carry out works.
- Looking for a quick quote? Use our Quick Estimate Tool to get an idea of how much your connection will cost and our current lead times.
We'll provide you with a full, upfront quote before we start work to connect your new supply. Our online application form can be used to request a quote for any single domestic property, and your quote will be emailed instantly if your work is classed as a standard connection.
If any of the following apply your application will become non-standard and we'll need to carry out a survey before we can provide you with a quote.
- You need more than 20 meters of pipe
- You live in a flat, on the second floor or above
- You have a heated swimming pool
- You have five bedrooms or more
Your quote is valid for 60 days and can only be used by the person named on the quote. Any changes you make will affect the quote and will mean you’ll need to apply again.
Please do not use our online quoting facility to make multiple single applications, e.g. for a block of flats where multiple connections are required. For these please use our commercial application form.
Looking for a quick quote? Use our Quick Estimate Tool to get an idea of how much your connection will cost and our current lead times.
How to accept and pay
Online quote from our website
If you use our online application form and have a standard application, you can pay straight away using our online payment portal.
- Once you receive your online quote, you can click to accept your quote in your log-in area. This will send you to a payment page where you can pay for the work straight away using our online payment portal.
- If you don’t want to accept the quote and pay immediately, you can log back into our website at a later date and continue the process to accept your quote and pay using our online payment portal.
- As soon as we’ve received your payment we’ll check your quote just to make sure everything is in order. Should there be a problem we’ll contact you straight away to let you know. Otherwise, if everything’s ok we’ll aim to contact you within 7 working days to arrange a date to start the work.
Postal or email quote
- Please complete and return the signed order form which is contained within your quote along with your full payment (if required).
- You can email or post us your signed order form and payment to the address shown on your order form, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote e.g. consent form.
- Do you have access to online banking with your bank? If so, a faster and more convenient way to pay for this quote is to use online banking. You can send us your payment by ticking the BACS payment method on your order form and then follow the instructions given to transfer your payment to us.
- If you are using BACS to pay then we’ll still need your signed order form so please remember to send this to us by email or by post, along with any other documents that may be needed as outlined in your quote.
- Once we’ve accepted your order and processed your payment we’ll aim to contact you within 7 working days to arrange a date to start the work.