Whether you’re extending your property or looking to move your meter, we can help you change your existing gas connection.
Things to think about before you apply:
- Use our postcode checker to find out if we deliver gas to your area. If you want to find out more about your gas supply, the FindMySupplier website is able to give you more information.
- More than one property: If your application is for more than one property, please use our commercial application form.
- Make sure you have the full address, postcode and phone number of the property.
- Make sure someone will be available to give us access to the property and approve any changes to the job.
- Measure how much pipe is required, as this will affect your quote.
- Include any photos, plans or drawings you think might help.
- Have all planning permission and local authority permits to hand.
- Get consent from anyone whose land the work needs to cross.
- Think about which meter box you might need (check out our Getting Connected guide for more information).
No-one likes hidden costs, so everything is upfront – that’s why you’ll get a quote before you start. After that, it normally takes six to eight weeks for your work to begin.
- The cost. The cost of your alteration will depend on the work that needs to be done, but typically it will not be more than £1,000. Factors that will change your quote include whether you dig your own trench, live above the first floor and how far you are moving your meter. There are more factors below, under ‘bespoke quotes’.
- The time. If you apply for an alteration online and your work is classed as a ‘standard’ job, you’ll get an instant quote. The quote is valid for 60 days from the day it was created and can only be used by the person named on it.
- Changes. Any changes you make will affect the quote and will mean you may need to apply again. Please contact our connections team via DomesticSales@sgn.co.uk, quoting your postcode, enquiry number, contact details and what changes you would like to make.
If any of the following apply to you, your application will become 'non-standard' and we will need to carry out a survey to provide you with a bespoke quote. You are still able to apply using the form below.
- You live in a flat on or above the second floor
- You have a heated swimming pool
- You have five bedrooms or more
- You need more than 40 meters of pipe
Once you have received your quote, simply click to approve it (or you can sign and post back to us). This will then send you to a payment page on Barclays where you can pay for the work. As soon as we receive full payment and all consent forms, we’ll contact you within seven days to arrange a start date.