We're working to upgrade our gas network in Forres.
In agreement with Moray Council, our project started on Monday 3 April and will last approximately 12 months.
By upgrading our gas network in the area, we’ll continue to keep Forres homes and businesses safe and warm long into the future.
We're carrying out our work in eight phases to minimise disruption to the local community as much as possible.
The map below highlights our working areas:
Project update: Wednesday 3 January 2024
We've now completed many phases of our project in Forres.
For the remainder of our gas network upgrade project in the area, we'll be working in the following areas:
- Phase four – February 2024 for six weeks – Croft Road between numbers 13 and 31 under ‘give and take’ system for motorists.
- Phase five(a) – 13 November for nine weeks – Sanquhar Road between 47 Sanquhar Road and Woodside Drive. This will be under 'give and take'.
- Phase six – 3 January 2024 for six weeks – The second section of phase six in St Leonard’s Road. There will then be two-way temporary traffic lights in place between 21 St Leonards Road and Leancoil Hospital.
- Phase seven – February 2024 for six weeks – Pilmuir Road West between numbers 1 and 13. This will be under 'give and take'.
- Phase eight – 13 November for 14 weeks – Victoria Road between 7 Seaforth Place and the Ronans Victoria Road. There will be a one-way traffic system and a local diversion in place on North Street between Victoria Road and Seaforth Place. We may also require temporary traffic lights in Victoria Road.